Sunday, October 9, 2011

What I'm aiming for

I promised it would be soon! so, you may be wondering exactly what kind of gameplay I'm aiming for, I talked about it a bit before but didn't really explained what I had in mind.

First I wanted a game that looked like Tibia, but that view angle seemed to be just too complicated for someone like me who was starting to work with pixel art so I decided I would pick another game as reference, and I chose The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (why? because I have that game and I love it, besides, Zelda games are just awesome).

 So with that reference I now have some kind of guide for the art, but what about the gameplay? From the the looks of the only screenshot I've posted of my game so far it looks like a common dungeon-crawler top-down game, and it is in part, but I wanted the gameplay to be something fun and fast so I thought about merging that slow paced dungeon-crawler game with something like Geometry Wars.
Of course I'm not actually aiming to get the same "what-the-hell-is-going-on-i-don't-even-know-what-i'm-doing" feel of this game (wich I do like a lot) but I do want to get a gameplay very similar.

This is what I'm aiming for as I said before so let's see how it looks when it's done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment