Wednesday, October 12, 2011

TODO list complete

Well as the title says, the TODO list I talked about is now done:


  • The crosshair works now.
  • I updated the map editor to have a lot more of functionalities and now there's a lot more of feedback concerning the state of the editing tools, changed a bit of the map's format to include information about the player and enemies located on that map, soon I will add more information on this map format to store special tiles like doors and chests.
  • Updated to XNA 4.0 and now the drawing problems are magically gone!
  • Created a "first level", right now I wouldn't say it's going to be used on the game once I finish it, but I tried to make it for that purpose so lets see how it goes. Heres a screenshot of a draft I made on photoshop to give me an overall look of how the map would look like.

              These are only the walls obviously but I made this to see if the dungeon looked good and I think it kinda does.




Now my new TODO list will include:


  • Improve the enemies (make them smarter when moving and shooting): I will have to implement a BFS ( breadth-first search) algorithm to be able to do this and I'm not quite sure about how hard will this be but I hope it doesn't get too tricky, I think the worst passed when I fixed all the collision bugs and stuff and I hope I'm right.
  • Make special tiles like doors: these will lead to other maps obviously but since they do not behave like other tiles I will have to make another line on the map file to store where these doors are and where do they lead. 
  • Make chests and usable items on the map: I like this part because the items are obviously and extremely important part of the dungeon-crawlers, so I'll start working on them soon.
  • Modify the collision box for the player and enemies: Right now all the collidable objects in the game use a collision box determined by the very sprite they display, meaning that if there's a 15x15px block, it will use that 15x15 box to collide. I wanna change that because I want the player and enemies to only ocupy 1 tile and not 2, so it's easier for them to move and that will help me get a better top-down feeling.
  • Change the weapon system: I think that my actual weapon system (the code that handles how the weapons are defined and work) is a bit inefficient and complicaded so I wanna change it to something more flexible that will allow me to handle weapons better.
  • Add more enemies: YES! I do wanna add more enemies, specially because I have some ideas about different behaviours that I think will add a lot of fun to the game.
  • Show a GUI: I do wanna get this one done, this will include a hotkey bar that will show the selected weapon or "spell", HP bar, Mana Bar and an Energy bar, just to keep it simple for now because you know... the player needs to know if he's about to get killed or not right?


Well that would be all for now... oh wait! SCREENSHOT TIME!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment