Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

YEAH! NEW YEAR! AND NEW STUFF COMING! YAY!

It seems like I'm finally getting closer to a decent demo of the game, I'm gonna show you a couple of things I've been working on these days.

  • New sprites: I love new sprites and I love them even more when they actually look good or at least decent, I decided I should keep the enemies as simple as possible since a lot of enemies = a lot of sprites = a lot time animating them = x.x
  • Well, since one of my friends though it was a bunny (wtf?) I must say it is NOT a bunny, it's a Wisp or at least something similar to one. I know they don't have eyes and blah blah but I don't care :D.
This is the sprite I made for the Orbiter, I'm really happy about this one, I think I finally managed to keep it simple and did something easy to animate and that looks good in my opinion.


I must admit I was lazy about this because it's kinda one of the hardest things for me to do, but I finally made the walking left and right animations for the wizard! that's half way to go!

  • Finally I can work on game stuff! What I mean is that I can finally work on game mechanics since I got rid of most of the bugs. For example, yesterday I was thinking about how was I going to add the shoot-em-up mechanic into a dungeon-crawler, at first I was thinking about doing something like oldschool Zelda: Big rooms interconnected by doors, so there would be space to move and shoot, but I'd rather not do it like that. So today I came home and almost the first thing I did was play Spiral Knights (I'm in love with this game) and realized that the game is very similar to what I want to do, so I got an idea... Big rooms..... Long corridors! That's it! Awesome isn't it?! I know it's simple and maybe obvious but that's one problem solved.

I know this entry might be smaller than it should be, but probably I'm so excited with all the things I can finally add to the game that I just forgot other things... Anyways here's a screenshot!
This are the Orbiters shooting a lot of fireballs at the player, I seriously want to remake that fireball sprite but for the time being I'll just enjoy running around for my life from these annoying guys :D.

That's it for today, soon I'll post entries about a much more complete game and probably a demo so you can try it and alpha test it if you wanna call it like that :). Thanks for reading!

 

2 comments: